INDEREN was the installation company of the 1 MW biogas plant in Tornagrain, Highland, Scotland (United Kingdom).
In 2016, INDEREN, subcontracted by the engineering company QILA ENERGY and under its supervision, carried out the design, control and construction work on the pipes, valves and instrumentation system of the plant. In addition, we installed all the necessary equipment for the anaerobic digestion process. The biogas plant has a power of 1 MW, and is located in Tornagrain, Highland, Scotland (United Kingdom).
Installation of Gasometers
Platforms, Biogas Tubes and Lighting
Installation of Biogas Tubes, Platforms and Gasometers
Works carried out by INDEREN
The INDEREN team carried out the following work in the Tornagrain biogas plant:
Biogas Boiler Container
- Design, construction, test, transport and installation of a biogas boiler container
- Construction of aerial gas lines in stainless steel for the feeding of the biogas boiler
- Construction of aerial carbon steel hot water aeration pipes for exchange in the biogas boiler
- Supply and installation of sewage pumps in faecal waters
Exterior / Tank Interior – Peephole and Wall Bushings
- Supply and installation of peepholes in tanks
- Supply and installation of pressure, temperature and height sensors in tanks
- Making drills on concrete tanks up to 300mm in diameter
- Design and installation of all hot water pipes in the plant (aerial and buried, pre-insulated)
- Installation of gasometers in 16m and 32m diameter tanks
- Supply and installation of gasometer safety valves
- Electrical work of interconnection of equipment to general control panel of plant and connection of general panel to low voltage panel
- Manufacturing of electrical panels for equipment supplied by INDEREN
- Solid separator installation
- Installation of agitators in tanks
- Design and installation of all biogas pipes in the plant (aerial and buried)
- Design and installation of all substrate pipes in the ground (aerial and buried)
- Insulation of hot water pipes and substrates
- Supply and installation of compressed air, oxygen lines and gas analyzer
- Supply and installation of hydraulic agitation in Turbo tank by Chopper Pump
- Design, manufacture and installation of platforms and access stairs necessary for the process in galvanized steel
The video about the biogas plant located in Tornagrain, United Kingdom
The benefits of biomethanization of the plant in Tornagrain, United Kingdom
- This project has gas injection into the natural gas network. After the biogas stage, the gas network is injected.
- Thermal energy is also generated, which will be used to achieve the anaerobic digestion and pasteurization process.
- They are used as raw material:
- Sweet potato remains
- Pork or cow manure
- Sewage sludge
The photos about the plant in Tornagrain, Highland, Scotland (United Kingdom)
Solids Separator Platform
Installation of Safety Valves
At INDEREN we are pleased to be able to work on renewable energy projects that guarantee a more sustainable future.
We have extensive experience in the field of manufacturing, installation and commissioning of biogas plants and waste treatment plants. We also offer our customers container solutions: manufacturing of containers combining different systems according to the client’s needs (biogas, solar, industrial…). Contact us for more information.
Share this article on Social Media Sites: