The Ammonia Trapping project is carried out thanks to the contribution of the LIFE financial instrument of the European Union LIFE15 ENV/ES/000284.
Problem to be solved: due to livestock activity, ammonia emissions have increased in recent years, causing environmental problems.
Swine and poultry farms are large emitters of ammonia.
The Ammonia Trapping project consists of 3 main phases:
- Design of prototypes capable of trapping ammonia in the atmosphere and dissolved ammonia
- Construction and installation of the prototypes on the farms
- Monitoring of the capture of ammonia through the prototypes already installed
Within this scenario of the project, INDEREN will manufacture 2 prototypes:
- A prototype captures the ammonia in the atmosphere once it has been volatilized.
- A second prototype captures the liquid waste ammonia (slurry and digestate), where ammonium (NH4 +) is found. With this prototype it is possible to capture the ammonium in the liquid before it turns into ammonia and volatilizes.
The video presentation of the project:
LIFE Ammonia Trapping Partners
In this project they participate:
- Universidad de Valladolid
- Instituto Tecnológico Agrario de Castilla y León, ITACyL
- Fundación General de la Universidad de Valladolid
- Desarrollos Porcinos de Castilla y León, DEPORCYL
- Enusa, Industrias Avanzadas, S.A.
- Ingeniería y Desarrollos Renovables S.L., INDEREN
- Avícola Ciria S.L.
Share this article on Social Media Sites: