Swine and poultry farms are large emitters of ammonia
Problem to be solved: due to livestock activity, ammonia emissions have increased in recent years, causing environmental problems.
EThe Ammonia Trapping project consists of 3 main phases:
- Design of prototypes capable of trapping ammonia in the atmosphere and dissolved ammonia
- Construction and installation of the prototypes on the farms
- Monitoring of the capture of ammonia through the prototypes already installed
Within this scenario of the project, INDEREN will manufacture 2 prototypes:
- A prototype captures the ammonia in the atmosphere once it has been volatilized.
- A second prototype captures the liquid waste ammonia (slurry and digestate), where ammonium (NH4 +) is found. With this prototype it is possible to capture the ammonium in the liquid before it turns into ammonia and volatilizes.
The video presentation of the Life Ammonia Trapping project:
LIFE Ammonia Trapping Partners
LIFE Ammonia Trapping Project Partners
At INDEREN we are pleased to be able to work on environmental projects that guarantee a more sustainable future.
We have extensive experience in the field of manufacturing, installation and commissioning of biogas plants and waste treatment plants. We also offer our customers container solutions: manufacturing of containers combining different systems according to the client’s needs (biogas, solar, industrial…). Contact us for more information.
Share this article on Social Media Sites: