We inform you about the benefits of biogas
Without a doubt, a biogas plant is one of the most ecological electricity generation processes that exist today. The use of biogas plants is the most efficient “control of the organic decomposition process” that exists to date.
It is not about great innovations or technologies that are not already available to users. A biogas plant processes any type of organic waste (vegetable and animal, liquid or solid) and in a contained process is transformed into energy.
How does the process of generating biogas work?
We will use bacteria that decompose organic matter by biodigestion in a tank.
These in a controlled environment with adequate PH, correct temperature of digestion and proliferation, and without oxygen (anaerobic digestion) produce on the one hand methane gas (CH4) and another fertilizer or nitrates.
This is very good because we put agro-livestock waste in the biodigester, which is generally a problem, and we obtain biogas and fertilizer.
The biogas through a cogeneration engine will be converted into Electricity and Hot Water (for the heating of greenhouses and livestock).
The sustainable cycle of biogas
In agriculture you need feed, which is grown with tons of annual fertilizer generated by the plant. And vegetable agricultural waste serves as food for the biogas tank.
Cows, horses, sheep, pigs, chickens produce animal agricultural waste:
- Liquid slurry
- Solid droppings
- Dead animals and meat waste
- Waste products, dairy products
Any organic waste (vegetable or animal, terrestrial or marine, liquid or solid) is digestible and can be transformed into biogas.
Biogas is converted into electrical and thermal energy thanks to the cogeneration engine.
What are the benefits of generating biogas?
The main benefits that a biogas installation can provide us are the following:
- Solve the problem of agricultural waste. Any organic waste is digestible. And it is converted into money.
- We control CH4 methane that is 27 times more polluting than CO2, which in a normal way would have been released and now trapping it and converting it into energy.
- This also prevents the production of CO2 from other processes such as burning coal or oil that would have been necessary for that generation.
- The efficiency of the 350KWh biogas plants (with more than 8000 hours of annual production) is greater than the photovoltaic one (1800 hours of annual production). And thermal energy can be obtained at the same time to heat livestock and adjacent greenhouses.
- From the waste we obtain monetary benefits and jobs in the biogas plant itself, improving the local economy.
At INDEREN we are pleased to be able to work on renewable energy projects that guarantee a more sustainable future.
We have extensive experience in the field of manufacturing, installation and commissioning of biogas plants and waste treatment plants. We also offer our customers container solutions: manufacturing of containers combining different systems according to the client’s needs (biogas, solar, industrial…). Contact us for more information.